HOBY and Pence Visit Garden

HOBY 2013 Students, Governor Pence, and First Lady Mrs. Pence at the SHarP Garden
One of my favorite group of students (Okay, they are actually my #1 favorite group of students) came by the garden this weekend to lend a hand in painting, cleaning, and making our city lot look that much better.  The Hugh O'brien Youth Leadership, or HOBY, seminar has been held for the past two years down the road at my alma mater, Butler University.  These high school students come together to learn leadership skills and serve in the community.  We were blessed to have this lively group of young humanitarians come to our corner.  It is my hope that each person who sets foot in our garden will continue the cycle of paying it forward, and I believe these young adults are a perfect catalyst for doing so.

I was so sad to have missed out on getting to know this year's crew, and I was equally as disappointed to have missed meeting our neighbor, Governor Mike Pence.  Please drop by again sometime soon!  We would love to give you the grand tour.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us on Instagram

Instagram